The DHI / FUE transplant is one of the most advanced hair transplant techniques, to permanently cure baldness.
DHI / FUE is a hair transplant technique that does not require incision , no sutures, no pain, and no scar.
It is a minimally invasive procedure and not very stressful for the hair because it is very fast. The main advantage of the DHI / FUE technique is that the result is visible immediately after the hair transplantation.
The FUE / DHI technique has revolutionized the world of hair surgery by eliminating the main disadvantage of prior hair transplant techniques: the scar. With the FUE / DHI, extracting hair bulbs no longer requires leaving a scar on the back of the patient’s head. This technique is known as “Scarless”. It uses a punch (cylindrical blades) to isolate the bulb directly into the patient’s scalp, thus extracting the follicles that produce the hair. The size of these punches (0.7 to 0.9 mm in diameter) is so small that the skin closes after a few hours and virtually no visible traces remain on the skin.
Hair transplant helps to correct various defects, and of course addresses baldness in the first place. Hair transplantation is also used to fill in insufficient density, scars, holes in the hair or to redraw the hair shape.
The procedure is performed on an outpatient basis and under local anesthesia.
The duration of the intervention varies between 6 to 8 hours, depending on the number of follicular grafts to be transplanted.
Before the operation, a preoperative consultation takes place at the clinic. During this consultation are determined drawing and density choices. The intervention takes place in 3 steps:
– Extraction: the follicular units are generally removed from the back of the skull with a titanium punch with a diameter varying from 0.7 to 0.9mm, this makes the scars almost invisible. The traces of extraction disappear after 2 weeks.
– Preparation of the grafts : the grafts are extracted one by one and then cleaned and checked under a microscope.
– Implantation : micro-incisions will be made according to the pre-defined drawing. The prepared follicles are subsequently implanted in these incisions with the aid of a needle.
The return to daily life is possible a few days after the operation. Traces disappear one week to 10 days after surgery. Certain instructions must be applied to have a healthy hair:
– Avoid drinking alcohol during the first week following the operation.
– Opt for a diet including fruits and vegetables in order to reduce hair fall
– Regularly massage the scalp to stimulate blood flow and strengthen the hair
– Artificial treatments and sunlight should be avoided
After the operation, crusts begin to form on the head and will fall after 7-10 days. The hairs grow back between the 14th and the 22nd week. It is recommended to evaluate the final regrowth of hair from the 6th month.This is the time when you can give your hair the length and shape you want. Postoperative follow-up is recommended for 12 months to assess the outcome of the procedure.