Do you have an irregular beard? The beard transplant can help you correct these defects. Novesthetica offers the treatment of beard transplant using the most advanced methods. This treatment is intended for people who have hairless areas or desire more density.
This is one of the most commonly applied operations in our hair clinic, is in high demand as it is the best solution for men who have empty beard areas or even men who do not have a beard at all.
The beard transplant, also called the BHT (Body Hair Transplantation), consists of removing the follicular units from the hair and then transplanting them onto the beard. The speed of regrowth of a hair is close to that of a hair of beard.
The beard transplant allows to correct different defects, and of course in the first place to correct a beardless face. The beard transplant is also used to fill in insufficient density, scarring, holes in the hair or redesign the beard shape.
The procedure is performed on an outpatient basis and under local anesthesia.
The duration of the intervention varies between 6 to 8 hours, depending on the number of follicular grafts to be transplanted.
Before the operation, a preoperative consultation takes place at the clinic. During this consultation are determined drawing and density choices. The intervention takes place in 3 steps:
– Extraction : the follicular units are generally removed from the back of the skull with a titanium punch with a diameter varying from 0.7 to 0.9mm, this makes the scars almost invisible. The traces of extraction disappear after 2 weeks.
– Preparation of the grafts : the grafts are extracted one by one and then cleaned and checked under a microscope.
– Implantation : micro-incisions will be made according to the pre-defined drawing. The prepared follicles are subsequently implanted in these incisions with the aid of a needle.
The return to daily life is possible a few days after the operation. Traces disappear one week to 10 days after surgery. Certain instructions must be applied to have a healthy hair:
– Avoid drinking alcohol during the first week following the operation.
– Opt for a diet including fruits and vegetables in order to reduce hair fall
– Regularly massage the scalp to stimulate blood flow and strengthen the hair
– Artificial treatments and sunlight should be avoided
After the operation, crusts begin to form on the head and will fall after 7-10 days. The hairs grow back between the 14th and the 22nd week. It is recommended to evaluate the final regrowth of hair from the 6th month.This is the time when you can give your hair the length and shape you want. Postoperative follow-up is recommended for 12 months to assess the outcome of the procedure.